*Disclaimer: I know very well, that this is not the original way to make a fine ass Japanese ramen – but if you’re like me and you love ramen so very much, but can’t afford going out and eat it all week long, here’s an easy go-to recipe!
Recipe, soup for 2 people,
EASY GO-TO RAMEN:
- 1L water
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp veggie stock (powder)
- I used the one from the brand called Oscar. I know the brand called Herbamare also have one.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp seaweed powder / kelp powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha + more, if you like it spicy
- Chop your onion into really thin slices, like shown in the picture above.
- Then chop your ginger and garlic really fine, also shown above.
- Bring the water to a boil. When the water is boiling put all the ingredients in the pot.
- If you are impatient: let it boil on high heat for 20 m
- If you have time: let it boil on high heat for 10 m and then let it simmer on medium heat for 30-50 m.
- But .. what about this miso? Don’t worry – we’ll get to that.
- Bring it to low heat, it’s really important that the water is not boiling any more.
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 200 ml soy milk
- Let the soup simmer for 15 m with the miso and soy milk, keep stirring around in it occasionally.
- And then tadaaaa, your homemade ramen soup should be done!
- You can add your noodles to the soup, but i prefer cooking the noddles in another pot, add them to a bowl and then pour the ramen soup over them, but that’s up to you :).
- This is pretty much up to yourself what you want!
- I always use:
- Spring Onion
- Extra chili
- Sesame seeds
- But you can also use:
- The sky is the limit!