Just came home from Italy and I have no veggies, fruit or fresh herbs in my kitchen (and no money, haha), so I had to be creative!
But somehow, I ended up with this amazing dish anyway!
Had some tomatoes that was about to go off – and voila! delicious tomato sauce w pasta.
FETTUCCINE PASTA w. LENTILS & TOMATO SAUCE
- 125 g fettuccine pasta
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 dl brown lentils
- 7 tbsp water from pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan, put olive oil, tomatoes, thyme and oregano, salt and pepper, onion chopped in thin slices and garlic finely chopped. Let it simmer on medium heat for 20 m. Remember to stir around once in a while.
- In a pot, boil the lentils in a good amount of water for 20 m.
- When the 20 m has passed, in another pot, bring a good amount of water w salt to a boil.
- While you’re waiting for your water to boil, pour in the tomatoes, onions & garlic in a little blender and mix it together till you get a thick sauce.
- And in a sieve rinse your lentils.
- When your water is boiling, put your pasta into the pot – cook after the instructions on the package.
- While your pasta is boiling(remember to stir around), transfer your thick tomato sauce back to the pan and add in the lentils as well. Stir around in it, while you add the 7 tbsp of pasta water with small breaks in between.
- When your pasta is done, sieve the pasta and add the pasta to the pan w the sauce and lentils. Add the pasta with small breaks in between and stir the sauce and lentils into the pasta.
- At the end, you can add salt and pepper + 1 tsp of olive oil and stir around, just for some extra taste.
- And then it’s good to eat!