I met up w. Saskia and Anna from Plant Jammer to have a food jamming session with them. I had such a nice day w them. Nice food and good company.
Here’s the recipe we made together – (the recipe can also be found in the Plant Jammer app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1386136046?mt=8=)
How to use the app:
1) When you see the frontpage, you’ll have a lot of different options – choose from what you feel like having for dinner. We choose risotto, because we knew we had risotto rice.
2) Next up you’ll choose from the ingredient list. We searched for the different things we had in the kitchen, as you can see below (marked w blue). The ingredient list also suggest things that would go well w the dish.
3) Next step is either to go to the recipe or improve your score on the dish, to get all the flavours in store. On ours we had to improve our sour and spice score, so we decided to use kiwi for sourness and chili powder for spice.
4) Now our score was a 5/5 – so next step was the recipe:
We jammed the recipe, which means, we used what we had and didn’t follow the recipe 100p – which you can do as well with any dish on the app.
5) MUSHROOM RISOTTO w. SWEET POTATO & SPINACH
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 5-6 handful spinach
- 20 mushrooms
- 225 g risotto rice
- 1500 ml veggie stock
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 handful walnuts (for topping)
- 2 kiwis (for topping)
- 6) Prep: Wash sweet potato, mushrooms and spinach.
– Finely chop your onion
– Chop your sweet potato into small cubes and mushrooms into thin slices.
– Chop your kiwi into fine even pieces.
- 7) Heating steps: We roasted the walnuts in a hot and dry wok pan for around 2-3 m.
– Instead of roasting the veggies in the oven – we did it in the wok pan, on medium-high heat for 15-20 m., we added rosemary, onion and the chili powder at the start.
– While our veggies was in the wok pan, we added our risotto rice in a pot. Then headed the water for the risotto.
While the water was heating we toasted the rice for 5 m.
Then added the water w. veggie stock in it to the rice w small breaks in between and stirred all the time, so the rice wouldn’t stick to the bottom.
– After the 15-20 m, we added the spinach to our veggies.
- 8) Building your dish: Mix the coconut milk and miso in a bowl and pour it over the veggies and spinach. Mix together.
– Either you can mix the rice and veggies together or serve it separate, like we did.
– Top it off w. the walnuts and kiwi.
9) Enjoy! ♡
I was really impressed w. the app and how the app put flavours together – I was surprised how well the miso, coconut milk and kiwi went w. the dish! So I can really only recommend the app!
I also made my chocolate covered bliss balls for Saskia & Anna:
Follow link for recipe: