First I will start out by saying a big thank you to GRIM for providing some of the veggies for this recipe. I can only recommend you to drop by their website and check them out: https://eatgrim.com.
If you want to try out GRIM, use my promo-code: PLANTBASEDCAECILIE, and get 20% off your first box ♥
Servings: 2 people
- 200 g spaghetti
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 block of tofu (tempeh, seitan or mushrooms if you prefer that)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1,5 tsp of chili sauce (can be left out if you don’t like spicy food)
- 1 handful of broccoli
- 1 handful of spinach
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 tsp black salt (kala namak) *
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast *
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp pickle brine *
- 80 ml oat milk
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast *
* You can buy these in most health shops. Nutritional yeast gives a nutty-cheese flavour and black salt gives a eggy-flavour to the dish.
* The “water/juice” there’s in the jar with pickles / pickled cucumbers.
- Fresh basil
- Start out with turning on the oven on 200 c and wash all your veggies.
- In a bowl, mix together your cherry tomatoes w 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of dried basil, add them to a tray with parchment paper and pop them in the oven for 35 m.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, peel the zucchinis, cut them in medium chunks and take the skin of the garlic cloves. Add the zucchini chunks and the garlic cloves to a wok pan and fry them on medium heat with some oil for 15 m., remember to stir around occasionally.
- You can also start to make your spaghetti, follow the instructions on the package. While the zucchini and garlic is in the wok pan, prep the rest of the veggies and tofu. Cut the broccoli of the stem and chop them into small pieces. Cut the tofu into thin small slices.
- When the 15 m. is up, the zucchini should be soft, add it and the garlic to a small food processor with the oat milk, black pepper, dried basil, pickle brine and nutritional yeast. Blend until the mixture is smooth. By now, your cherry tomatoes in the oven should be done, so turn off the oven and take them out to cool.
- Add the tofu to the wok pan with some oil, soy sauce and chili sauce, fry it for 6 m. on high heat, remember to stir around. By now your spaghetti should be done, so strain it – but don’t wash it. When the 6 m. is up, add the broccoli and stir around for a few seconds. Turn down the heat on medium and add in the spaghetti, a splash of olive oil, the zucchini sauce, the lemon juice, black salt and nutritional yeast. Stir around for a few minutes.
- When you’ve stirred around for around 5 minutes, add in the spinach, the oven baked cherry tomatoes and some black pepper to taste. Stir around until the spinach and the cherry tomatoes are properly mixed in with the spaghetti.
- After a few minutes the dish should be done and ready to eat. Add the dish to a bowl and top it off with some fresh basil.