First I will start out by saying a big thank you to GRIM for providing some of the veggies for this recipe. I can only recommend you to drop by their website and check them out: https://eatgrim.com.
If you want to try out GRIM, use my promo-code: PLANTBASEDCAECILIE, and get 20% off your first box ♥
- 1 celeriac
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp / cube of bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 650 ml water
- 1 bundle of basil
- 250 ml of soya cuisine (soy-cream)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt to taste (1-2 tsp)
- Fresh basil
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp of chili (can be left out, if you don’t like spicy food)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 handful mushrooms of your liking (I used chanterelles)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start out with turning on the oven on 200 c, peel the potatoes and celeriac, and take the skin of the onions and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix together your chickpeas w oil, cumin, paprika, chili and salt to taste, add them to a tray with parchment paper and pop them in the oven for 45 m.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, cut the onion, garlic, celeriac and potatoes into medium chunks. Add the chunks to a big pot and fry them on medium heat with some oil for 15 m., remember to stir around occasionally.
- When the 15 m. has passed, fill the pot with the water, bouillon and bay leaves. Leave it to boil on medium heat for 25-30 m. While the soup is boiling, make your mushrooms for the topping. Cut them (or don’t cut them) as your prefer and fry them w. some olive oil, dried basil and salt & pepper to taste. I fried mine for 10 m. and left it to cool, while i waited for the soup to be done boiling.
- When the 25-30 m. is up, your boiling veggies should be soft, if not, boil them for a bit longer. Your oven baked chickpeas should be done as well, so take them out of the oven to cool.
- Take out the bay leaves and put in the bundle of basil. Take a hand blender and blend the soup until it becomes a creamy purée. Them add the soy cuisine and lemon juice and mix it around. The soup should be creamy and thick.
- After a few minutes the dish should be done and ready to eat. Add the dish to a bowl and top it off with some olive oil, fresh basil, your oven baked chickpeas and fried mushrooms.