First I will start out by saying a big thank you to GRIM for providing some of the veggies for this recipe. I can only recommend you to drop by their website and check them out: https://eatgrim.com.
If you want to try out GRIM, use my promo-code: PLANTBASEDCAECILIE, and get 20% off your first box ♥
Servings: 18 pieces
Time: 30 min.
- 6 parsnips
- 2 dl chickpea flour
- Salt & pepper
- ½ tsp black salt *
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp seaweed/kelp powder *
- 1 tsp dill powder *
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 dl water
- Olive oil or any other oil you prefer to fry the breaded parsnips in
* You don’t have to add it, if you don’t have it – but it will add a good flavour.
- Turn the oven on 200 degrees C.
- Prep the parsnip by peeling the skin off and cut them into 3 pieces each lengthwise (½ cm).
- Then add them to a oven tray with parchment paper (no oil) and leave them in there for 15 m.
- While the parsnip is in the oven, mix together the batter. In a bowl mix together the chickpea flour, black salt, paprika, curry powder, seaweed powder, dill, garlic powder and water. Mix it into a batter. In a separate bowl put in the bread crumbs. Start out by filling the bowl halfway, and then add more if needed when you’re in the process.
- Take a frying pan and fill it with 2 tbsp olive oil. Set it to medium heat. Then begin to batter and fry the parsnips. Start by dipping the parsnip in the batter, then in the breadcrumbs and then on to the frying pan. Each should have around 2-3 min. on each side or until golden brown. In this process, you might have to add more oil to the pan as you go.
- When done, serve it w. some delicious dressing or on a nice toasted bread – or whatever you prefer.