First I will start out by saying a big thank you to GRIM for providing some of the veggies for this recipe. I can only recommend you to drop by their website and check them out: https://eatgrim.com.
If you want to try out GRIM, use my promo-code: PLANTBASEDCAECILIE, and get 20% off your first box ♥
Servings: 2 people
Time: 1 hour
INGREDIENTS RAMEN SOUP:
- 1L water
- 1 onion
- 3 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp veggie stock (powder) / 1 cube veggie bouillon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp seaweed powder/kelp powder / or 1 finely chopped nori sheet
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha + more, if you like it spicy
- 3 tbsp white miso paste or 1,5 tbsp red miso paste
- 200 ml soy milk or oat milk
INSTRUCTIONS to the soup
- Chop your onion into really thin slices. Then chop your ginger and garlic really fine.
- Put the water in a pot and bring the water to a boil. When the water is boiling put all the ingredients in the pot EXCEPT the miso paste and plant milk.
- Put a the lid on the pot and let it boil on high heat for 10 m and then let it simmer on medium heat for 40 m.
- But .. what about this miso? Don’t worry – we’ll get to that.
- After the 40 m. is up, bring it to low heat, so the water is not boiling any more.
- Add the miso and plant milk and let the soup simmer for 10 m, keep stirring around in it occasionally.
- And then your homemade ramen soup should be done!
- The sky is the limit with ramen toppings, which makes it a great dish for using your GRIM veggies – it’s easy to prep your toppings while your soup is boiling, so here’s an example of toppings you can use:
- Noodles – just cook them after package instructions.
- Tofu – You can choose to eat it with raw silken tofu, or have it with firm tofu; fry it with some sesame oil and soy sauce on high heat for 10 m.
- Spinach or Kale – Put it in the soup for the last 2-3 m.
- Rainbow carrots – chopped into thin julienne slices.
- Corn – gives a nice crunch to the dish.
- Enoki mushrooms (or any other kind of mushrooms) – to prep your enoki mushrooms you need to be very gentle. Cut a small inch off the stem so it’s still attached together. Gently separate the mushrooms into small bundles and place them in a pan with oil. Fry with some soy sauce and pinch of paprika for 5-10 m. on medium-high heat. Don’t toss it around in the pan but lightly flip them around occasionally on each side until golden brown.
- Raw beetroot – in thin slices to give the ramen dish a nice crunch with earthy flavours.
- Sugar peas – chopped in thin slices.
- Sesame seeds and Spring Onion – for a nice finishing touch ;-).