First I will start out by saying a big thank you to GRIM for providing some of the veggies for this recipe. I can only recommend you to drop by their website and check them out: https://eatgrim.com.
If you want to try out GRIM, use my promo-code: PLANTBASEDCAECILIE, and get 20% off your first box ♥
Time: 1 hour
Serving: 2 people
- 2 dl green lentils
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tomato puré *optional
- 1 tsp black salt/kala namak *optional
- 125 ml vegan cream
- 200 g fettuccine pasta
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil for serving
- Pour the lentils into a saucepan along with water, so the lentils are covered. Put the vegetable bouillon cube in the pan and cover. Let the lentils cook for 20-30 min.
- While the lentils are cooking, it’s time for prepping and washing your veggies. Cut the zucchini and green pepper into medium-sized chunks, cut the onion into thin slices and finely chop the garlic.
- Put the prepared zucchini, onion and garlic in a large pan with a little oil and fry it on low-medium heat for 15 min. – when the lentils have finished cooking, strain the water and put the lentils in the pan with the vegetables and mix it around. Add the green pepper, oregano, smoked paprika, tomato puré, black salt and vegan cream to the pan and mix it around; let it simmer for around 10 min. so it get combined. Remember to add salt and pepper and to stir around occasionally.
- While the dish is simmering, cook you pasta; follow package instructions. When the pasta is done, strain the water and add the pasta to the pan with the creamy sauce and mix it together.
- Serve your creamy pasta dish with fresh basil.